Geoclue 0.12 & Master provider

Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente jfernandez at
Wed Mar 31 11:43:50 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 14:37 +0100, Paulo Cabido wrote:
> Yes, I checked but didn't see any new bugs.
> The behavior almost feels like a regression. I just wanted to confirm
> that I'm not the only one experiencing this before submitting a bug.
> A quick run with the example example/master-example shows the problem.

Im experimented problems also, not sure if they are the same you are
describing. When the geoclue-master is started with no providers
running, executing the master-example will lead to a DBus exception:

process 12374: arguments to dbus_message_new_error() were incorrect,
assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_error_name (error_name)" failed in file
dbus-message.c line 1211.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

Checking the DBus internals, i've detected the problem. It seems that
the name generated by the glib-mkenum "not-activated" is not valid to
build the DBus error name. The "-" is not a valid character. 

I've tried to overwrite the generated code at geoclue-enum-types.c:17

"NotAvailable" },

and that the problem looks solved. So thats confirmed my suspects; the 
code generated for the Error enumerations should be modified to define a
valid @valuenick@ in the template. 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <>

More information about the GeoClue mailing list