Trouble configuring GPS device & example not working

Pavel Johnson pavel.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:36:23 PDT 2010

Hello,

I built and installed GeoClue 0.12.0 (on Fedora 13).  I want to configure my
USB GPS device (which shows as /dev/ttyUSB0) and per the GeoClue site have
been trying to access /apps/geoclue/master through GConf-editor but I do not
see it there.  When I try to add it using the command line:

gconftool-2 -t string -s >
/apps/geoclue/master/org.freedesktop.Geoclue.GPSDevice /dev/ttyUSB0

it fails with the error
"/apps/geoclue/master/org.freedesktop.Geoclue.GPSDevice: No such file or
directory"

The examples do not work either.  When I run position-example with Gypsy as
the provider it gives an error: "Latitude and longitude not available."

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!