Offline provider based on OSM data

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:31:29 PST 2011

Hi,

I try to follow Geoclue from a long time now. But I lack spare time
and I wasn't able to play with it (yet).

Currently, I have some naïve question. Does anybody worked on building
an offline Geoclue provider based on OpenStreetMap data?
I'm thinking about geocoding (routing?) sort of GeoClue provider.

I know that OSM data can already be processed offline by at least two
projects: navit and gosmore. The idea is to extract a library from one
of these project and build a GeoClue provider using the related data.

Do you think it is a good idea? Does someone already try this way? Is
it foolish/uneeded?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Navit
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Gosmore
--