[ghns] Back from Spain

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Tue Mar 7 01:56:34 PST 2006

El Lunes, 6. Marzo 2006 21:24, Thomas Wood escribió:
> Atom will do 80% of what I need for art.gnome.org already. It'd be nice
> if we could agree on a name space to extend that to 100%. After all, XML
> stands for eXtensible ;-)

I'd prefer using the GHNS namespace inside Atom. Of course, if some tags like
the copyright tag are more thought out already, we can and should in return
refer to this one in GHNS.
We could add "Atom Enclosure" to the spec as an Appendix, and prepare for the
rants of the anti-atom community :)

One issue for large providers is really the size of the XML feed. For example,
kde-look has no newlines in its XML, which makes it awful to read but
apparently saving single bytes is worth it for the provider. So we should
keep this in mind.

Josef