[ghns] automationpolicy

Jeremy jeremy at scitools.com
Thu Dec 27 15:46:20 PST 2007

Josef (and others),

I've been trying to get caching working right the past few days, and besides a
some small logic errors, I'm wondering why AutomationPolicy exists.  Are end
user apps going to ever want/need to set it to off? (which is currently the
default, and causes entry cache not to get read even if provider and feed
cache are read because of the cachepolicy)  If it's planned to be used for
something would it be a bad idea to set it to AutomationOn for all
cachepolicies except CacheNever at least for the 4.0 release?

thanks,

Jeremy