[ghns] Hotstuff 0.9.1 released

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Thu Feb 1 03:53:19 PST 2007

Hi,

GHNS has suffered in recent months from nobody being interested in it, but we
still need some more work on it, so I took the token again and did some work,
and actually made GHNS my main OSS project for the following days and weeks.

I've just released the server-side "Hotstuff" framework in version 0.9.1,
available from http://www.kstuff.org/source/download/hotstuff-0.9.1.tar.gz.

This is the first version to contain the DXS gateway, which eliminates the
need to package up the former "dxs-perl" tarball from now on. If anyone
quickly needs to set up a GHNS repository, go hotstuff.
What is still needed here is a cute icon and someone who would sponsor my
Debian packages for it so we can install it easily on anyone's server to run
GHNS repos.

I've also started to convert the knewstuff2 branch to KDE 4. Once this is
finished, I'll give another status update. There are now also other people,
e.g. from the Kross project, who desperately want a new knewstuff and I hope
this should accelerate its development a bit.
In fact we do now have caching for the first time, meaning that if you browse
the entries in the download dialog, they will show up immediately. A huge
improvement in usability...

Josef