[ghns] ghns status, api, etc.

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Jun 24 12:02:59 PDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009 20:44:06 schrieb Jeremy Whiting:
> I can think of one other way to do this.  The client could ask the server
> for a custom feed and give the server all the entry id's it would like in
> the feed in the http headers. then get one feed back containing all the
> entry information for the requested entries.  That would only require one
> http request that way.  What do you think of that?

Sounds good to me and should work up to any reasonable number of installed
entries. I've thought also about identified (authenticated) users but this
would trade anonymity for performance, so your suggestion is obviously better,
even though the system security is slightly worse off when small requests are
meeting huge replies.
The world is full of trade-offs, we can't have the ultimate system :)

Josef