[ghns] 9/26 Meeting summary

Jeremy Whiting jeremy at scitools.com
Wed Sep 30 20:19:34 PDT 2009

hey everybody, especially Josef, Frank, and Frederik

Last saturday's meeting was very good.  I think we got a lot planned and
figured out between us all.  I'd like to get here a summary (a few days late I
know) of what was discussed, partly to help my memory of what needs doing =).

We talked about download, upload, and integrating knewstuff with open desktop
services by wrapping it around libattica.  We also discussed the plan I put
together here: http://techbase.kde.org/KNewStuff2Plan  In discussing download
we decided the user doesn't care about where the data is coming from, but just
that it's coming =)  So we'll remove the Provider combobox from the download
dialog and merge all the available provider's data into one view for each
feed.  We also talked about how the search is not very useful as it is just a
filter of the local view now.  It would/will be much better as a server-side
search feature.

Long story short I agreed to work on knewstuff to get it into shape and ready
for the upcoming functionality.

Anyway, I'd really like to have another meeting this coming saturday morning
if those that were there last time can make it.  I'd especially like to hear
Josef's input if you can make it Josef.  Plan on the same time as last week?
Anyone/everyone else is of course more than welcome to come share ideas,
comments, suggestions, review what we are discussing, whatever =)

thanks,
Jeremy