[Glamor] [Patch 00/01] Move realloc out of diagonal line drawing loop.

Conn Clark conn.o.clark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:02:37 PDT 2014

The number of line segments in drawing the diagonal line can be calculated.
This means we can move two operations out of the loop, the realloc and the
adjustment to the final count.

This shaves 3 to 5 seconds off of gtkperf line benchmark that takes 388
seconds on my machine (About a 1% improvement ) .  I have more
optimizations but that can shave a total of 20 but they are ugly at the
moment and I'll submit them later.

signed off by Conn Clark

 --

Conn O. Clark

Observation: In formal computer science advances are made
by standing on the shoulders of giants. Linux has proved
that if there are enough of you, you can advance just as
far by stepping on each others toes.