Problem in Building the gstreamer with the NDK

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Nov 9 04:15:34 PST 2011

On 11/09/2011 12:52 PM, Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11/09/2011 07:39 AM, s.rawat wrote:
>> [...]
>> *configure: error: glib-compile-schemas not found.
>> make: *** [gst-plugins-bad-configure] Error 1
>> root at softy-laptop:/home/softy/gst-ndk/gstreamer_ndk_bundle# ls*
> You need glib-compile-schemas in your path. There
> has been reportedly some problems with specific
> glib versions, it comes from the fact _schar()
> methods were added recently. Maybe stefan has
> something to add about this, he went through that
> very same problem yesterday and managed to sort
> it out.
Yes, make sure you install glib-devel packages and or grab any glib-2.28
from git or tarball and install to e.g. $HOME/temp and add
$HOME/temp/bin to the path when building to make the build pickup
glib-compile-schemas. I'll now look into gst-plugin-bad and see if we
can make that more robust. We actually don't need the gsettings plugin
anyway.

Stefan