Subject: Re: Problem in Building the gstreamer with the NDK

Eduardo b dev at quzer.net
Tue Nov 15 14:54:45 PST 2011

I was running into these kinds of errors and finally figured out what I was
doing wrong.

For me the problem was that even though I had downloaded the Gingerbread
API, I hadn't noticed the API number is actually 10. There is no API 9 to
download in the Android SDK manager so I was running into all sorts of
compile problems with the libraries. This also made it so that the setup.sh
script would not be able to properly identify the target ID and it couldn't
update the project.

Anyway, that fixed that, but now I'm running into another problem. It can
complete the first step of the compile (ndk-build
gstreamer-aggregate-configure) but on the second step (ndk-build) it gives
me this error message:

Compile arm    : gstomx <= gstomx_conf.c
/home/intel/Downloads/
gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../gst-openmax/omx/gstomx_conf.c:2: error:
expected expression before ';' token
make: ***
[/home/intel/Downloads/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/obj/local/armeabi/objs-debug/gstomx/gstomx_conf.o]
Error 1

Now, inspecting the file gstomx_conf.c, the contents are the following:

const char *default_config =
;

I have no idea what's going on at this point. Why that default_config
pointer is empty. I'm not very familiar with gstreamer in general.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Today's Topics: