gstreamer-android Digest, Vol 15, Issue 8

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 12:11:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 16:27 +0530, Sandhya Sebastian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked with gst-inspect and confirmed mad plugin is present.
> And what I understood is libgstmad.so is using libmad.
> So do we have to load libmad again through System.loadLibrary("libmad"); ?
> I am new to this .Sorry for the basic questions.

Unfortunately, when running an Android app, the loader does not load
dependent libraries for the plugins that we load. So the behaviour in
gst-launch will be different from the app itself. Adding the
System.loadLibrary bit before you drop into native code and do a
gst_init() should solve this.

There might be other plugins or libraries with similar issues. There is
usually some hint in adb logcat output. Disabling the registry is
probably a good idea while you're getting the app up and running (a call
setenv("GST_REGISTRY", "/dev/zero", 1) before gst initialisation should
do the trick).

-- Arun