gstreamer-android Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2

Vikas Malhotra ervikaspec at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:39:15 PDT 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:41:52 +0200
> From: Stefan Sauer <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>
> Subject: Re: pngenc problem
> To: gstreamer-android at lists.freedesktop.org
>
> On 05/14/2012 08:00 AM, Vikas Malhotra wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I am trying to write a pipeline which generates thumbnails of video
> > files using pngenc.
> >
> > My pipeline runs without any error but the output png image is of 0
> > bytes size i.e. nothing was written onto it.
> >
> > Below given is my pipeline:
> >
> > filesrc location=video.avi ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc !
> > filesink location=video_thumb.png
> >
> this won't work. You are trying to produce one ng for every frame and
> send them to the same file. Take a look at the snapshot feature in
> playbin2/camerabin2.
>
> Stefan

Thanks a lot Stefan for your quick reply.

I have tried same pipeline for windows build (using same code base) and it
runs correctly and produces desired results.
But on Android it is not working.
"pngenc" element never executes chain function. It stops after
gst_pngenc_init function.

Further, I had a look at gst-plugins-base/tests/eaples/snapshot/snapshot.c
source, but it uses gdk-pixbuf which (as far as i think) has not been
included in gstreamer port for android.

Please help.