Cerbero Android cross compilation with MACOSX

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Fri Apr 5 02:28:50 PDT 2013

Hello,

here is an update about my problem about cross compiling GStreamer for Android on MacOSX.

I successfully ran 'cerbero bootstrap'.
My problem was that (i think) I misunderstood the documentation and I created a ~/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc with Android target system parameters. I removed it and 'cerbero bootstrap' is now successfully completed.

My next step is simple: i try to cross compile gstreamer sdk for Android from Macosx system.
So I want to run the following command line: cerbero -c config/cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-sdk
Here are the steps I did but please tell me if I am doing something wrong :
 - cerbero seems to look only after a linux ndk, so I replaced it with a ndk working on my system, a darwin ndk release one.
 - then I modified config/android.config paths to point to the darwin ndk
 - then I run cerbero -c config/cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-sdk

I am stopped with the following errors:
-------
... ... ...
... ... ...
/usr/bin/libtool: file: trees.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: zutil.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: compress.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: uncompr.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: gzclose.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: gzlib.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: gzread.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
/usr/bin/libtool: file: gzwrite.o is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
make: *** [libz.a] Error 1
***** Error running 'package' command:
Recipe 'zlib' failed at the build step 'compile'
--------

Can you please provide me some feedbacks on what could be wrong ?

Thanks.