Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Is possible to compile and use gst-omx for Android devices ?

Yves Bard yves.bard at free.fr
Sun Dec 29 04:20:09 PST 2013

Hi
 I have try the omx plugin for hard ware decoding and, my opinion is that it can t work ...
So, the main concern is about the mediaserveur process  who hold the right of the /dev/vpu hardware devices in jelly bean.
So if your devices is not rooted your application wont be allowed to used these ressources.

Hence the encoding stuff could have some trouble.

Best regards,

Yves Bard