How to provide a custom plugin to gstreamer in Android ?

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:23:47 PDT 2013

El 11/03/2013 12:10, <stic at free.fr> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> in the case I am trying to create a custom gstreamer plugin, how can I
provide it to gstreamer in Android app ?
> I didn't find how to provide a custom plugin to Android gstreamer.
Gstreamer finds only plugins already available in the GST SDK.
> I even tried to add the static library of custom plugin in the same path
as the standard plugins (GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT/lib/gstreamer-0.10/static) but
I always have the following message when trying to provide the plugin :
error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_testplugin_register'
> (where testplugin is the name of my plugin)

You will also need to create a libtool library for it in this directory
(eg: libgsttestplugin.la) to help the linker find and link your plugin. And
you must compile your plugin with -DGST_PLUGIN_STATIC_BUILD in your CFLAGS.
Andoni