How to provide a custom plugin to gstreamer in Android ?

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Wed Mar 13 15:32:32 PDT 2013

I tried using -DGST_PLUGIN_STATIC_BUILD in CFLAGS, and using GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE2.
But it still does not work for me, always same error when trying to use the plugin: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_testplugin_register'.
Do I have to build the plugin using Cerbero or can I compile plugin with GST SDK release ?

Thank you

El 12/03/2013 21:23, "Andoni Morales" < ylatuya at gmail.com > escribió:

> El 11/03/2013 12:10, < stic at free.fr > escribió:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > in the case I am trying to create a custom gstreamer plugin, how can I provide it to gstreamer in Android app ?
> > I didn't find how to provide a custom plugin to Android gstreamer. Gstreamer finds only plugins already available in the GST SDK.
> > I even tried to add the static library of custom plugin in the same path as the standard plugins (GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT/lib/gstreamer-0.10/static) but I always have the following message when trying to provide the plugin : error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_testplugin_register'
> > (where testplugin is the name of my plugin)
> >
> You will also need to create a libtool library for it in this directory (eg: libgsttestplugin.la ) to help the linker find and link your plugin. And you must compile your plugin with -DGST_PLUGIN_STATIC_BUILD in your CFLAGS.

And use GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE2. It is something we should document :)
Andoni