HLS on Android/IOS over HTTPS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 8 11:06:26 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-08 at 14:32 +0100, Alexander Zallesov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've managed to make HLS working on android and ios with hlsdemux and
> mpegtsdemux. My pipeline looks like this and it works
>
> *souphttpsrc
> location=http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8
> <http://wpc.658d.edgecastcdn.net/80658D/unprotected-media/shalalafon_ts/playlist.m3u8>
> ! hlsdemux ! tsdemux ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample
> ! autoaudiosink", &error);*
>
> Troubles start when I try to play an HTTPS url. I got run time error
>
> *TLS/SSL support not available; install glib-networking*
>

> I have it installed on my mac and https urls plays from command line.
>
> Question is how to make it work on android/ios? Should I include this lib
> to build somehow? How?

Add this to your Android.mk (see tutorial 5 for example):
G_IO_MODULES := gnutls

> PS. Gstreamer seems to be 0.1 as I followed tutorials from gsreamer.com.
> I'm using android tutorial 2 as base.
>  Thanx in advance.

Ideally you would use the latest version available from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/

0.10 is no longer maintained and you won't get much community support
for that version as people moved on to 1.x almost 2 years ago already.

You can find those tutorials ported to 1.x here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com