Failed to allocate buffer while playing mp4 file

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Mon Sep 2 07:20:13 PDT 2013

On Mo, 2013-09-02 at 17:10 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:

>         Message: 5
>         Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:48:48 +0200
>         From: Sebastian Dr?ge <slomo at circular-chaos.org>
>         To: Discussions about GStreamer on Android
>                 <gstreamer-android at lists.freedesktop.org>
>         Subject: Re: Failed to allocate buffer while playing mp4 file
>
>         On Mo, 2013-09-02 at 10:43 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:
>         > If I want to print more debug info, how could I build
>         gstreamer-sdk
>         > with my modified code by "cerbero"?
>
>         You should first of all build the SDK completely for Android
>         according
>         to the documentation. Then you could use the cerbero shell to
>         apply your
>         changes in
>         cerbero/sources/android*/gst-plugins-bad-*-static/sys/androidmedia
>         run make and copy .libs/*.a to
>         cerbero/dist/android*/lib/gstreamer*/static
>

> This is really really interesting!
> I rebuilt libgstandroidmedia according your instruction without
> modifying anything.
> Then every thing is fine though the error, "Failed to call Java
> method", still exists!
> The video frames are correctly presented with audio.

Not sure why or how that is possible :) Which instructions and sources
did you use to build GStreamer?

> By outputting exception detail, I also found "Failed to call Java
> method" is due to an exception from calling "dequeueOutputBuffer".
> There is a similar question on StackOverflow, [1].

Hmm, I don't think this is related though. Might be useful to check from
where in the Android code this exception comes from, and also what
exactly the exception is first (i.e. print the stacktrace and all
that) :)