Video artefacts

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Feb 6 12:45:01 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-02-06 at 12:51 +0100, JPM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Sebastian.
>
> I have changed to 640x480 20 fps and it works quite fine. There were
> artefacts with 30 fps.
>
> I think it is a CPU processing capacity problem.
>
> Is it possible H264 decoding process can use more than one core or GPU ?.

Yes, you should consider upgrading to the latest GStreamer stable
release for that though (1.2.2) as there were many changes in
ffmpeg/libav to make this work more reliable and faster.

Also how much performance gains you get from this depends a bit on how
the h264 video was encoded.

Expertise, Straight from the Source