HLS playback Error: Server does not accept Range HTTP header

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Jan 13 12:51:41 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 18:38 +0100, Alexander Zallesov wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> looks like I encounter a bug but before I file it I want to hear some
> feedback from more experienced gstreamer users.
>

> I use gstreamer android 1.2.1
>

> I try to play simple hls audio only mp3 stream
> (https://ec-media-hls.soundcloud.com/playlist/swx3WdvxAQ9W.128.mp3/playlist.m3u8)
>

> My pipeline is
>         souphttpsrc ! hlsdemux ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert !
>         audioresample ! autoaudiosink
>  or just playbin. issue is the same.
>

> And my source code has few modifications from Android Tutorial5.
>

> My stream gets played once in 3-4 tries. If it starts it plays/pause
> fine. But more often I get this errors.
>         gstsouphttpsrc.c:888:gst_soup_http_src_got_headers_cb:<mysource> error: Server does not support seeking.
>         gst_soup_http_src_got_headers_cb:<mysource> error: Server does
>         not accept Range HTTP header, URL:
>         https://ec-media-hls.soundcloud.com/playlist/swx3WdvxAQ9W.128.mp3/playlist.m3u8
>

> Server does not support range requests. or maybe does. It does not
> matter as it should not to serve HLS playlists and chunks. And why it
> plays fine sometimes then?
>

> Please share the workaround if you have one or thumb up for bug
> report.

I can reproduce this with git master and

gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=https://ec-media-hls.soundcloud.com/playlist/swx3WdvxAQ9W.128.mp3/playlist.m3u8

It does look like a bug, so it would be great if you could file an issue
for that in bugzilla. I'd say file it against -good/souphttpsrc for
starters.

Cheers
 -Tim