androidmedia encoder problems

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 17:37:39 PST 2014

2014/1/20  <stic at free.fr>:
> does it means that there is no such data provided (sps pps) by the encoder, even at startup ? How is it possible if the client is able to display something when it is connected at startup ?
That's strange, really. Or the player uses a default PPS/SPS?
Try this: (use a different resolution of the videotestsrc)

videotestsrc is-live=true !
video/x-raw,framerate=30/1,width=1024,height=768 ! ...

> If I can't use h264parse, I just would like to resend necessary data in pipeline to allow client to display the stream even if it did connect connect at startup.
> How could I do that ? Can I do this directly by modifying the gstreamer encoder element ?
The basic problem is that no PPS/SPS can be parsed by any of gstreamer
element(or actually no PPS/SPS generated by the encoder). Without
resending PPS/SPS, the late started client can't play it.

BTW, your late started client will not give you a picture, even if
waiting for a long time, right?

--
Regards,

- cee1