Dynamically linking plugin in GStreamer on Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jan 21 00:37:08 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-01-21 at 09:34 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:
> I am a little confused about your comment.
> "that plugin must not be dynamically linked to any GStreamer or related
> libraries, ..."
> Does this mean if I develop a new decoder, the "playbin" cannot find my
> decoder?

No, it means that you must not link your dynamic plugin with
libgstreamer-1.0.so and the others... and these libraries do not exist
with that name on Android but are all part of the
libgstreamer_android.so. You could link them to that library or just not
to any GStreamer library and let the unresolved symbols be resolved at
runtime.

Expertise, Straight from the Source