androidmedia encoder problems

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 22 00:09:47 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-01-21 at 18:48 +0100, stic at free.fr wrote:
> same kind of problem using mp4v-es encoder instead of avc.
> I cannot display anything even if the receiver did connect at startup.
> It seems config do not arrive in the stream from the encoder element.
> All frames are dropped by mpeg4videoparse.

Ok, that's most likely the problem with the codec_data then that I
outlined in the previous mail. For h264 you need to do the same as in
line 261 (reassembleAVCC) here:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/av/+/db170bb1cae145d07efc803a3c208963de0c6087/media/libstagefright/Utils.cpp

For MPEG4 it is probably enough to just put csd-0 in codec_data.

Expertise, Straight from the Source