new to gstreamer

Per-Jarle Sæther per.jarle.saether at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:40:14 PST 2014

Hello all
I am all new to gstreamer.
My experience is from Java and Android development, and i have little
experience with C/C++
I hope that gstreamer will help me with my current project.

The project i'm working on is an Android application for reading live video
streams from ip cameras.
I hope to be able to read and decode H.264, but MPEG4 is my fallback in
case of not succeeding with H.264.

The camera video streams are available through rtsp.
I need to be able to see 1-4 live streams simultaneously.

Is this possible to accomplish with gstreamer?

I managed to read 4 simultaneous video streams (MPEG4) using standard
Android widgets (VideoView), but since there is very limited control
options for VideoView i want to test gstreamer.

Any hints about where to start, or some example source code will be
appreciated

Best regards
Per