Downstream return not-linked

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 08:46:51 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-01-23 at 18:40 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:
> I tried to use tutorial-5 to play a movie that has two audio tracks but
> failed.
> From the log below, I guess one of "amcaudiodec" raises error while it is
> not linked to sink.
> And this error causes tutorial-5 to stop playing.
> I suppose the playback is fine because at least one "amcaudiodec" is linked
> to sink.

Yes, there was a bug in the amc elements that is fixed now. The fix will
be in 1.2.3:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/?id=30d80bf6580b8e09a755c8a9a4aecd405c19d028

> [...]
> 01-23 11:28:10.362: W/SoftAAC2(23101): AAC decoder returned error 4098,
> substituting silence

This one could after the above fix be a real problem though, unless this
is handled gracefully. You'll have to test that.

Expertise, Straight from the Source