gstreamer 1.0 (1.2.4.1), vp8enc not available in libgstvpx.a

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri May 9 13:15:51 PDT 2014

On Fr, 2014-05-09 at 10:00 -0700, Howard Wang wrote:
> OK, thanks alot for your confirmation.
>
> Did you use cereboro or the "./configure" methodology for your build?
> Did you use the Android NDK?  Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

He probably used something like the process we use to generate the
GStreamer binaries. We use the cerbero build tool for that, which you
can get from here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

That's building GStreamer and all dependencies and all plugins. For
Android, but can also build for iOS, Windows, OSX and Linux.

> --Howard
>
> On 5/9/2014 8:03 AM, stic at free.fr wrote:
> > Hi,
> > yes it does not seem to be available by default with android release.
> > You just have to rebuild vpx plugin using HAVE_VP8_ENCODER flag.
> > This is what I did for my own usage and vp8enc works great.

Indeed, something went wrong during compilation this time. Can someone
file a bug about this, I'll try to get it fixed soonish and then the
next release will include the encoder again.

Expertise, Straight from the Source