gstreamer (1.2.4.1) not working with android 4.3

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon May 19 00:31:38 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-05-12 at 09:40 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at the bug, is not it talks about encoder element and not the
> decoder issue on imx6 freescale devices.
>
> gstamcvideodec.c:1314:gst_amc_
> video_dec_loop:<amcvideodec-omxfreescalestdvideodecoderavcv3hwbased2>
> > error: Invalid sized input buffer
> > 05-10 23:27:05.700 I/tutorial( 3289):* Error received from element
> > amcvideodec-omxfreescalestdvideodecoderavcv3hwbased2: Could not configure
> > supporting library.*
>
> Please advise.do I need to file a seperate bug ?

Please file a bug about this, yes. And include the complete GStreamer
debug output with GST_DEBUG=amc*:6 in there.

Most likely this can only be fixed by someone who has this hardware
though. It looks like the Freescale codecs work a bit different than the
others.

> Should I try using directly HW decoder without amc (considering I want it
> to work on specific HW (which is ok for now).

You could try to use the codec directly, yes. If you have any APIs
available for that.

Expertise, Straight from the Source