On fly sound latency change

Henrikas Urbonas h at interactio.io
Fri Mar 20 09:04:06 PDT 2015

When you change "latency" while pipeline is running, nothing happens.
>From documentation it looks like latency can be set and have effect only
before pipeline is in playing state.
Because if you change latency when pipeline is in playing state it actually
does not change the latency (we use jitter buffer)

Are there other ways to change latency except using rtspsrc jitter buffer?
And why Android cannot use 48 kHz sample rate because some devices have
lower output latency when using this (48kHz) sample rate?

Thanks guys