Android Studio 1.4 support?

Diane Cordero dcordero at sbimagingsystems.com
Mon Oct 26 10:31:12 PDT 2015

Hi Sebastian,

As expected, the files do not exist in the directories listed.

Here's a sample of my gradle task:

task ndkLibsToJar(type: Zip, dependsOn: 'ndkBuild', description: 'Create a JAR of the native libs') {
    destinationDir new File(buildDir, 'libs')
    baseName 'ndk-libs'
    extension 'jar'
    from(new File('/home/android-dev/AndroidDev/Projects/Pixa/app/src/main/', 'libs/armeabi')) { include '**/*.so' }
    into 'lib/'
}

From my understanding, this task is creating a .jar from the .so files and storing this file as a build output in 'libs' as well as copying it to 'lib/', which I am assuming refers to /data/app/com.example.app-1/lib/. I have tried changing that last line to 'lib/arm/' to no avail. At one point I was able to see the .so files in the /data/data/com.example.app/lib folder, but have been unable to reproduce.

Couple of questions (I am new to Gradle):
Is my assumption above correct? Should I be copying into a different directory on the last line of my Gradle task? Also, what is the significance of the "-1" at the end of the package name? I have seen this alternate between "-1" and "-2".

Really appreciate your help, thank you.
-Diane