Gstreamer minimal packages/library for Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Oct 5 07:16:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 12:49 +0200, slimfast71 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tested the GStreamer NDK build for Android with Eclipse and insofar
> get up and running. Unfortunately .so Library is very large 30MB for
> the ARM architecture.
> I need to generate the libraray for other architectures as for X86,
> etc., but then the app is very large. Now my question: How and what I
> need to generate to stream h264 via RTSP? Do I have the Android.mk or
> in Gstreamer.mk Plugins.mk what and how to change (not have but so
> much experience with NDK and C)? But it is also important that only
> LGPL used licencen.

Basically you have to select only those plugins (and libraries) that
you actually use in your application. This will bring down the size of
your application then.

Which plugins are you including right now, and which libraries? You
select all that in the Android.mk.

For generating a RTSP stream you need at least gst-rtsp-server
(library), and a whole lot of plugins. At least coreelements, rtp,
rtpmanager, udp, app, and then depending on from what you generate the
h264 stream and how various plugins for that.