Android is strutting for Real Time Stream

Azure1 Sureale sureale.azure1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:13:37 UTC 2017

Hello, I'm trying to have an Android Player receiving a RTSP stream from
the internet and play it with very low latency.
I'm using Tutorial 5 from the GStreamer home. Without any change my stream
has a latency about 2 seconds (worst than Vitamio that I was using
previously).

With futher investigation we realized we could change the latency to 0 in
the pipeline using this code:

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin", &error);
    gst_pipeline_set_latency(data->pipeline,0); //This is what I wrote

    if (error) {
    gchar *message = g_strdup_printf("Unable to build pipeline: %s",
error->message);
    g_clear_error (&error);
    set_ui_message(message, data);
    g_free (message);
    return NULL;
  }

Now the stream is strutting, alas dropping frames. However the stream is
faster than the base code.
Based on other questions, I tried to add rtpjitterbuffer into the pipeline
but seems that is not that simple.

How can I construct or change the pipeline to have low latency and no
strutting?