gstreamer 1.14.0 issues

Abu Abdullah falcon.sheep at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:45:45 UTC 2018

there is a change in the gstreamer-1.0.mk file
GSTREAMER_LD                  := -fuse-ld=gold$(EXE_SUFFIX)
-Wl,-soname,lib$(GSTREAMER_ANDROID_MODULE_NAME).so

in the old release

GSTREAMER_LD                  := -fuse-ld=gold
-Wl,-soname,lib$(GSTREAMER_ANDROID_MODULE_NAME).so

this change causes the following:
arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option
'-fuse-ld=gold.exe'

removing the extension solved it for me. my setup is on windows 10

another strange  issue is the flickering in the GStreamerSurfaceView,
the view is not stable. it is flickering almost every one second.
there is something strange and nothing found in the logs.

server pipeline:
gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay pt=96 config-interval=10
! multiudpsink clients=192.168.1.31:31585

android pipeline:
"udpsrc port=31585 ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtph264depay !
avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink name=mysink sync=false"

i tried to record the stream using filesink but the snapshot is
totally fine, hence i guess the issue is with the any new changes in
the GStreamerSurfaceView