cerbero jni compilation __register_atfork problem

Andrew Esh andrew.esh at qterics.com
Wed Jul 3 14:29:20 UTC 2019

Google has been changing things in the NDK revisions 18 through 20. NDK 19
removes some of the gcc compiler support, an emphasizes the use of clang.
NDK 20 removes all gcc support, and requires the use of clang. I was able
to get a full build of the GStreamer-related things I am working on with
Cerbero 1.16.0, NDK r18b, API 28 (Android Pie). I was then able to port my
products forward to Cerbero 1.16.0, NDK r20, API 29, (Android Q). I did
some work with NDK r19c, but I did not get a complete product built before
switching to NDK r20. I did build a version of my product with API 28 and
NDK r20.

Here is where they describe what's going on with NDK:
https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/revision_history

I am guessing that you could get what you want with NDK r18b, or even NDK
r17c. They both have support as far as Android Pie (API 28). I have a lot
of history using NDK r17c with Cerbero building gcc-based packages.

--
Andrew Esh
Senior Software Engineer