[gst-announce] First release of MAS available

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Jan 24 01:51:08 PST 2003

Hi gang,
Mike and Leon has made their first official MAS release
(http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net). MAS is for those who do not now
it a Mediaserver and multimedia development system and is the official
X.org such system.

Screenshot of their current set of apps:
http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net/mas_screenshot.html

I suggest people look at it so we can discuss issues like:

a) do we want this to replace esd (for GNOME 2.4)?
b) if we want to include it, then to what degree should we integrate
this with GStreamer? (there are some areas of overlap)
c) Can this solve gnome meetings issues with current media servers?
d) Will KDE adopt this? maybe it can be a shared sound/media server.
e) Other issues?

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>