[gst-announce] Release notes for GStreamer 0.8.9 'Like Eating Glass'
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Feb 8 04:32:12 PST 2005
Release notes for GStreamer 0.8.9 "Like Eating Glass"
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new release in the 0.8.x
stable series of the GStreamer streaming-media framework.
The 0.8.x series is a stable series aimed at end users. It is not API or
ABI compatible with the stable 0.6.x series. It is, however, parallel
installable with the 0.6.x series.
This module only contains core functionality. For actual media playback,
you will need other modules. GStreamer Plugins contains a huge set of
additional plugins. GStreamer FFmpeg contains a plugin based on the
popular FFmpeg decoding library. These modules need not have the same
source version as the core, as long as they are in the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.6.x series
* Probe fixes
* Thread and queue fixes fixes
* Documentation updates
* New translation added: Vietnamese (Clytie Siddall)
* Important GstBin state change fix - see #166371 if you subclass
Bugs fixed in this release
* 94464 : [threads] gst_scheduler_add_scheduler() doesn't ref
* 123775 : [PATCH] [api] setting state on element should force
* 142588 : [threads] if all elements have been removed from a bin,
* 150546 : [api] Error for calling gst_pad_push in a get function
* 162276 : [build] gstregistry.h and gstxmlregistry.c don't build
* 163234 : [PATCH] plugin loading isn't thread-safe
* 163383 : [PATCH] ogm plugins won't register
* 163801 : [PATCH] mem leak in xml registry loading
* 164062 : [PATCH] tee capsnego is broken
* 164261 : [PATCH] GST parsing doesn't recognise urls without a
* 165272 : [PATCH] Problem compiling gstreamer 0.8.8
* 165365 : [PATCH] gst_string_wrap() segfaults on NULL strings
* 165922 : add locking in opt
* 166269 : Typo in current .po file msgid string
* 166362 : data discarded by probes is leaked
* 166371 : GstBin derived classes not notified of state change
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the gstreamer download
More details can be found on the project's website,
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests.
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org. You can browse the gstreamer
repository. All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications
should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient
interest we will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Benjamin Otte
* Clytie Siddall
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Luca Ognibene
* Ronald Bultje
* Sebastien Cote
* Stefan Kost
* Stephane Loeuillet
* Stephane Wirtel
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Vincent Torri
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce