[gst-announce] GStreamer FFMpeg 0.8.7 released
Ronald S. Bultje
rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Oct 25 09:50:27 PDT 2005
GStreamer FFMpeg 0.8.7 was just released as latest greatest in the
stable 0.8.x release series for gst-ffmpeg. GStreamer FFMpeg is a
package containing GStreamer plugins for most popular multimedia codecs
out there, such as MPEG-4 and the like, so that your favourite media
application (e.g. Totem) can handle those formats.
The most important features of this new release include:
* qdm2 audio codec support (very popular for apple.com trailers)
* altivec detection fixes (so it now works on G3 PPC CPUs, also)
* FPS setting bugfix (so divx5 movies work again)
* ffmpeg CVS snapshot update to 10/20
Full release notes are attached.
You can also visit the release notes online
download the release (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-ffmpeg/)
or file bugs (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/) if you find any. Binary
packages should be available in your favourite package repository for
your favourite distribution shortly.
I'd like to thank Benjamin Otte (PPC testing), Luca Ognibene (all sort
of bugfixes) and Koop Mast (PPC, sparc and BSD testing) for their
helping and getting this new release out there, and the full ffmpeg team
for making the kick-ass codec library that we rely on.
-------------- next part --------------
GStreamer: Release notes for GStreamer FFmpeg?0.8.7 "Redneck soup"
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new stable release of the
FFmpeg-based GStreamer plugin.
This module is separated from GStreamer Plugins for easier maintenance
and decoupled release cycles.
Our CVS contains both the patched source code to FFmpeg, as well as the
set of patches against upstream CVS, so we can send patches upstream
regularly from our modifications.
Features of this release
* codecs for most popular formats
* snapshot update to 20/10
* fixed FPS setting bug for divx5 movies
* fixed possible memleak in MJPEG decoding
* fixed altivec detection which caused it to not run on G3 CPUs
* added QDM2 decoding
Bugs fixed in this release
* 312764 : --disable-encoders doesn't work
* 313223 : gst-ffmpeg-0.8.6 fails to compile on a PPC
* 313970 : ffdec_mpeg4 detects wrong framerate with some files
* 314320 : gst ffmpeg calls "make" without caring about called make ...
* 315385 : SIGFPE in gst_ffmpegdec_chain/gst_ffmpeg_time_gst_to_ff
* 317596 : Gstreamer unable to play a qt video
* 319471 : hooks.texi and faq.texi are missing from 0.8.6.2 tarball.
* 319482 : altivec detections is broken.
You can find source releases of gst-ffmpeg in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Ronald Bultje
* Luca Ognibene
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce