[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Dear Leader'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Aug 14 09:29:45 PDT 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.4 'Dear Leader'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.4 "Dear Leader"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* added apev2mux element
* use libiec61883 for Firewire
Bugs fixed in this release
* 345930 : [id3demux] segfaults with file containing only ID3v1 tag
* 347529 : wavparse error
* 321191 : rtpamrdec isn't a subclass of GstBaseRtpDepayload
* 340027 : [patch] wavparse fails for several files
* 318563 : offer support for new raw1394_iso api in dv1394src
* 330623 : [avidemux] only the beginning of big avi files gets played
* 334375 : [id3demux] [id3v2mux] ID3 tag rewriting is lossy
* 337076 : Problem with broken matroska files containing non-UTF8 su...
* 339704 : [id3demux] read images from ID3 tags
* 340282 : Goom visualization is unusable at 'Normal' size and higher
* 340623 : [matroskademux] small memory leak
* 340699 : [flacdec] should not send EOS when doing segment seeking
* 340859 : [avimux] produces index with all frames marked as keyframes
* 340946 : raw1394 plugin uses deprecated functions
* 340979 : [id3demux] mp3 id3v2 TCON tag possible bug?
* 341489 : gst-plugins-good wavparse Cygwin fix
* 341774 : Fails to read tags in file
* 341818 : [matroskademux] poor concurrent performance
* 342029 : [id3demux] overflow of titlenumbers
* 342097 : [jpegdec] crash with attached JPEG file
* 342448 : [matroska] support for muxing/demuxing Theora video
* 342526 : [avimux] dml index support, codec_data support, cleanups
* 342592 : dvdemux doesn't post segment-done right
* 342734 : [matroskamux] might block on state-change
* 343051 : [autoaudiosink] doesn't try esdsink
* 343055 : README mentions 0.9.6
* 343117 : jpegdec, mjpeg avi's and flush seeks
* 343122 : [taglib] new apev2mux element
* 343123 : [apedemux] add support for GST_TAG_LOCATION
* 343127 : [apedemux] extract track count, clean up parsing
* 343602 : configure --disable-external fails
* 343603 : need to add -lm to build tests/examples/level
* 343678 : configure.ac incorrectly uses $(SED) rather than $SED
* 343837 : [wavparse] can't handle WAV file with 'bext' header chunk
* 344100 : --disable-schemas-install not honored
* 344101 : SunAudio mixer fixes
* 344120 : dv1394src should now require libraw1394 > = 1.1.0
* 344605 : [id3demux] set picture type on image buffers
* 345232 : [wavparse] reads beyond end-of-file (in pull mode)
* 345288 : [udp] make work on Windows
* 345713 : ximagesrc uses XFixesCursorImage incorrectly and will seg...
* 346066 : [sunaudiosink] don't override user setting and switch on ...
* 346259 : [sunaudio] move monitor to input tab in mixer
* 347234 : streaming UDP (MPEGTS) shows only one frame of video
* 347258 : [wavparse] internal stream error reading gnome-game gnibb...
* 347898 : [id3v2mux] write GST_TAG_ENCODER and GST_TAG_ENCODER_VERSION
* 347972 : [cdiocddasrc] core dumps if device is not found
* 348644 : [id3demux] Gets the wrong part of binary blob for ID3 v2....
* 348752 : [udpsrc] add property to set buffer size for udp socket
* 348913 : [id3v2mux] tagging utf-8 text may be converted to iso-8869-1
* 349155 : [smokeenc] does not set caps on it's buffers
* 349189 : LADSPA gstsignalprocessor.c: line 408: assertion failed: ...
* 349907 : multiudpsink messes up multicast addresses
* 350433 : [rtph263pdepay] h.263plus depayloader does not work
* 340492 : [flacdec] support push-based operation (and thus flac-ove...
* 345679 : fix to avoid goom core dumping
* 317470 : [GstCheck] gst_check_teardown_element asserts wrong refcount
* 340980 : [pixbuf,wavparse] fix build with gcc 2.95
* 343661 : Jpeg image crashes gstreamer
* 344923 : New SunAudio source plugin, and mixer now supports stereo...
* 345301 : [PATCH] gst-plugins-good rtsp for Windows
* 346921 : gstmultiudpsink multicast support is broken
* 344136 : More accurate list of plugins which will/will not be buil...
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alex Lancaster
* Andy Wingo
* Brian Cameron
* Edward Hervey
* James "Doc" Livingston
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Jindrich Makovicka
* Joni Valtanen
* Kai Vehmanen
* Maciej Katafiasz
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Michal Benes
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Philippe Kalaf
* Rob Taylor
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Cote
* Sebastien Moutte
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce