[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.7 'Soepeke, ik zie ou'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jun 9 12:11:00 PDT 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.7 'Soepeke, ik zie ou'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.7 "Soepeke, ik zie ou"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enchancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* Registry cache updating is now done in a fork, so no plugins are left opened
* New version of data protocol now serializes events
* queue fixes
* win32 fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 338335 : [patch] memleak in gst-utils.c (leak pads from iterator)
* 343598 : undefined symbol in coreindexers when using --disable-loa...
* 336929 : GstCollectPads does not clear/reset segment info after fl...
* 337100 : [fakesink] add " preroll-handoff " signal
* 339918 : GstTagSetter merge-mode description unclear, and implemen...
* 340501 : [filesrc] give primary rank
* 341662 : gst-launch print_tags() fix
* 342238 : API: gst_element_seek_simple
* 342321 : GST_QUERY_POSITION fails if GstBaseSrc in get_range mode
* 342777 : rebuilding the registry leaves all plugins in memory
* 342820 : gstnetclientclock.c(453): servaddr used before set
* 343057 : gst-launch-0.10 segfaults when passed gst-plugin-path and...
* 343341 : [API] add GST_TAG_PREVIEW_IMAGE
* 343827 : leak in gst_index_gtype_resolver
* 343929 : Use of // in public header
* 343988 : data protocol needs extending to handle events better
* 341479 : Too many plugins loaded even for up-to-date registry
* 343334 : GstCollectPads testsuite and fixes
* 343538 : GstCollectPads doesn't reset EOS fields when stopped
API changed in this release
- API additions:
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien Moutte
* Lutz Mueller
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce