[gst-announce] Release notes for GStreamer Python 0.10.3 "Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon..."
thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Mar 21 15:09:01 PST 2006
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Python Bindings.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* Backwards compatibility with older GStreamer installations
* Wrapping of new API in GStreamer
* Bug-fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 329110 : gst-python sets RTLD_GLOBAL when importing, but doesn't
* 332586 : pygst.require should raise an error based on
* 333055 : PYGIL_API_IS_BUGGY is already defined in pygobect.h
* 331616 : gst.version and gst.gst_version differ
You can find source releases of gst-python in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Joe Wreschnig
* Michael Smith
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
-Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)
More information about the Gstreamer-announce