[gst-announce] New release of the Schrodinger Dirac implementation and first release of MPEG TS muxing library and SPEC

Christian F.K. Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Mon Nov 13 10:41:15 PST 2006

Hi,
Ok, so we did a series of releases today.

First of all we released 0.3.0 of the Schrodinger library. This version
includes a heavily updated encoder and decoder compared to our previous
code drop. This release encodes files that are very close to the latest
Dirac specification in terms of conformance. The decoder should also be
able to handle the files generated by the Dirac library from BBC.

We also released the first release of a MPEG Transport stream muxing
library today including a specification on how to map Dirac into MPEG
Transport stream.

You find the released files for both projects on the SourceForge project
page:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=155255

The documentation for mapping Dirac into both Ogg and MPEG TS can be
found here:
http://schrodinger.sourceforge.net/documentation.php

Finally a GStreamer plugin using the new MPEG TS muxing library can be
found here:
http://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/src/gst-fluendo-mpegmux/

A GStreamer demuxer able to deal with the produced transport file can be
found here:
http://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/src/gst-fluendo-mpegdemux/

Questions, patches etc. should go to the schrodinger-devel mailing list: