[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.10 'Pais'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Sep 14 13:15:03 PDT 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.10 'Pais'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.10 "Pais"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enchancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 349180 : gst_parse_launch is not reentrant (or recursively callable)
* 348455 : [filesrc] should not use mmap() by default, since it migh...
* 340674 : marry gst-debugs & plot-timeline.py
* 350449 : [GstBaseTransform] buffer_alloc should alway try downstream
* 352580 : implement proper caps merging
* 345444 : Linking to an audioconvert (pad-added callback) multiple ...
* 347293 : GstValueList comparison is flawed
* 347311 : element_unlink leaks its iterator wich will leak the src ...
* 348179 : gst_parse_lauch is not reentrant
* 348354 : failure in bison version detection breaks build
* 350419 : API: GST_SEGMENT_FORMAT printf extension for GstSegments
* 350879 : [init] Mark gstreamer as being initialized during registr...
* 350935 : API: add GST_TAG_EXTENDED_COMMENT
* 353976 : asssertion about element sanity in gst_registry_xml_write...
* 350432 : micro-optimising quarks
* 341029 : Ghostpads internal and target should be linked from the b...
* 345295 : [PATCH] gstreamer/libs/gst/net for Windows
* 347756 : Allow --disable-trace without --disable-parse
* 347794 : Do not reset SIGSEGV handler when --gst-disable-segtrap i...
* 348918 : application should decide whether or not to use fork() to...
* 349943 : [QOS] documentation/code mismatch
* 351768 : Unwanted concurent buffer modifications
* 352958 : pad_alloc_buffer and stream lock
* 353121 : gst_query_new_segment should initialize all structure fields
* 353122 : gst_element_get_bus refs the bus unconditionally
* 347385 : [ghostpad] gst_ghost_pad_new_from_template() method
* 348677 : Upgrade to 0.10.9 breaks existing applications (failed se...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Antoine Tremblay
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Marc-Andre Lureau
* Michael Smith
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Torsten Schoenfeld
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce