[gst-announce] [RELEASE] GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins - 0.10.3 "My T-Shirt is slowly fading"
bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:37:34 PST 2007
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains plug-ins using libraries from the FFmpeg project.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Memory usage fixes
* Playback and seeking fixes
* Improved QOS support
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 474845 : ffmux_mp4 does not encode metadata
* 433245 : Non-mutex-protected calls to avcodec_open/_close
* 153263 : no decoder available for real proprietary codecs
* 334990 : Crash with a .rm file
* 341736 : [patch] H.263/QDesign Music v.2 movie has great play...
* 342962 : [ffdec_h264] jerky playback of h264 in matroska and ...
* 363363 : Please permit building against an external ffmpeg
* 364139 : [ffdec_h264] regression: artefacts with 'climates' q...
* 375534 : FLV demuxer produces bad framerate, durations
* 392359 : [ffmpegenc] potential crash in dispose due to double...
* 393187 : ffenc_mpeg4 does not set codec_data on caps
* 394075 : ffdemux disregards FlowReturn result of downstream p...
* 403168 : [ffmux_flv] crash on buffer after returning FLOW_ERR...
* 403739 : ffenc_mpeg1/2video segfaults
* 407779 : Add more explanations when building against external...
* 435742 : gst-ffmpeg installation fails during make
* 440253 : no shared lib created and installed (MinGW)
* 453135 : broken ffenc_*
* 460274 : FFmpeg buffer duration issues
* 466221 : Doesn't play " video/sp5x " videos
* 485033 : Wrong return type for gst_ffmpegdec_setcaps
* 492419 : Build issues on Windows/MSVC
* 398875 : [ffdec_camtasia] requires " bits_per_sample " to be ...
* 394071 : ffmpeg now uses YUV4MPEG version 2, caps still indic...
* 399108 : ffmpeg's yuv4mpegpipe demuxer not activated for auto...
* 444332 : missing unref for videoscale after gst_pad_get_parent
* 444384 : ffmux_asf could support more input capabilities
* 482946 : warning in demuxer when receiving GST_EVENT_LATENCY
You can find source releases of gst-ffmpeg in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications
should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient
interest we will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Arne Petersen
* Jan Schmidt
* Johan Dahlin
* Josselin Mouette
* Julien Moutte
* Laurent Glayal
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Martin Szulecki
* Michael Smith
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* SÃ©bastien Moutte
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Tuomas Kulve
* Wim Taymans
* Yann Gilquin
* Yves Lefebvre
More information about the Gstreamer-announce