[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.6 'The Sacrifice'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Jun 19 04:04:11 PDT 2007
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.6 'The Sacrifice'.
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license on either
the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd like. The code
might be widely known to present patent problems.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-ugly.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-ugly
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Ugly Plug-insÂ 0.10.6 "The Sacrifice"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
There are times when the world needs a color between black and white.
Quality code to match the good's, but two-timing, backstabbing and ready to
sell your freedom down the river. These plug-ins might have a patent noose
around their neck, or a lock-up license, or any other problem that makes you
think twice about shipping them.
We don't call them ugly because we like them less. Does a mother love her
son less because he's not as pretty as the other ones ? No - she commends
him on his great personality. These plug-ins are the life of the party.
And we'll still step in and set them straight if you report any unacceptable
behaviour - because there are two kinds of people in the world, my friend:
those with a rope around their neck and the people who do the cutting.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license
on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd
like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems.
Distributors should check if they want/can ship these plug-ins.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* fixes in handling of MPEG streams, Real streams and MP3
* AMR-NB fixes
* Other bug-fixes and improvements
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 336370 : [asfdemux] crashes on an assertion in gst_asf_demux_get_v...
* 332157 : [asfdemux] This WMV file is played very strangely
* 335760 : [asfdemux] dataflow error when seeking in zeldadslarge.wmv
* 349779 : [real] can't play ancient RealAudio 1.0/2.0 format files
* 353116 : [asfdemux] hangs playing some mms stations
* 365288 : [asfdemux] seeking not very smooth
* 370020 : [mpeg2dec] continue even after 5 consecutive decoding errors
* 385292 : [rmdemux] stream index leaked on shutdown
* 385311 : Memory leak initializing lame mp3 encoder plugin (gstlame.c)
* 385651 : [asfdemux] Jerky playback of " I love sky "
* 393890 : [win32] autogenerated win32/common/config.h needed
* 397219 : [rmdemux] captured realaudio stream with non-zero start p...
* 403188 : [asfdemux] bug parsing certain stream header object
* 421594 : [real] doesn't compile if zlib includes are missing
* 425374 : [asfdemux] seek in WMV rarely works
* 428698 : [rmdemux] crashes on files with many logical streams
* 429960 : [mpegdemux] playbin hangs with small external vobsub subt...
* 431707 : [amrnbparse] make pipeline hang
* 432533 : [mad, mp3parse] regression: CVS version doesn't parse dur...
* 438610 : [dvddemux] fails after flushing seek
* 440120 : [mpegdemux] crashes in gst_mpeg_demux_send_subbuffer() wi...
* 442706 : [dvdsubdec] crashes when flushing/on seek
* 444514 : [PATCH] dvdsubdec miscalculates (long) subtitle durations
* 386218 : [asfdemux] Division by zero when seeking live streams
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-ugly in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien MOUTTE
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Mogens Jaeger
* RenÃ© Stadler
* Roland Kay
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* SÃ©bastien Moutte
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Xavier B.
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce