[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.18 'So far away'
thaytan at mad.scientist.com
thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Thu Mar 20 18:00:22 PDT 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.18 'So far away'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.18 "So far away"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* New GstPoll abstraction simplifies operations on multiple fd's/sockets
* Various bug fixes and corrections
Bugs fixed in this release
* 516187 : adding gst_collect_pads_read_buffer () collectpads
* 516395 : gst_buffer_create_sub does not copy flags
* 520756 : different registry backend configurations cause build errors
* 498222 : configure improvements
* 499127 : [multiqueue] has no documentation
* 505417 : Add GstPoll to core
* 509559 : [gstinfo]_gst_debug_init() memory leak
* 510194 : segmentation fault when trying to link elements.
* 511783 : [API] [check] add gst_check_element_push_buffer_list() etc.
* 513964 : [GstPad] gst_pad_get_caps don't return a copy of the caps
* 515469 : patch to add gst_index_set_resolver_full
* 519584 : gst_element_implements_interface() segfaults with 'filesr...
* 519698 : g_free/xmlFree mismatches in gstregistryxml
* 520152 : Core uses non-portable size_t and ssize_t
* 520671 : GstPoll needs to be ported to Windows
* 520808 : GstPoll's API could need some changes for Windows
* 520877 : registrybinary.c doesn't build cleanly on Windows/MSVC
* 521740 : libgstreamer.def exports not up to date
* 522741 : regression: gst_index_entry_free() frees string it does n...
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Fabrizio Gennari
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien Moutte
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Rene Stadler
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Siavash Safi
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce