[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.11 'Secondary Consideration'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Oct 24 16:06:42 PDT 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.11 'Secondary Consideration'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-good
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.11 "Secondary Consideration"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* HDV capture support
* Port flactag element to 0.10
* Support FLAC in alternate bit-depths and more samplerates
* Matroska muxing improvements
* Support Google RTSP variant
* Many other bug-fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 545433 : [wavparse] support tempo tag
* 311586 : Matroska mux/demux don't support flac
* 350830 : [raw1394] Add HDV support
* 413841 : [flactag] needs porting to 0.10.x
* 536067 : [matroska] Add support for real audio/video
* 537361 : videomixer segment handler fail
* 543101 : The udpsrc/udpsink/multiudpsink/dynudpsink elements may l...
* 544956 : [videobox] segfault when changing properties at running p...
* 545463 : autodetect plugin links to gconf, unnecessarily
* 545710 : [rtspsrc] : create rtp/rtcp socket pair + same port for d...
* 546465 : can't play m.youtube.com rtsp streams
* 547075 : [speex] Encoder doesn't handle non-zero start timestamps ...
* 547217 : Implement GstPropertyProbe interface on pulsesrc for dete...
* 547227 : Implement GstPropertyProbe interface on pulsesink for det...
* 547518 : pulsemixer probe fails after device property is set
* 547519 : Add device-name property to pulsesrc
* 548530 : wavenc allows audio depth of 25
* 548831 : matroska demuxer setting incorrect timestamps
* 549073 : buffer_alloc function from new basetransform sometimes fa...
* 549090 : v4l2src has no property named norm but notifies it
* 549551 : conversion of gst structure names to mime types in multip...
* 549784 : Memory Corruption Probing v4l2src with Video4Linux1 device
* 550015 : build failure: gstcmmlparser.c:115: error: format not a s...
* 550791 : [flacenc] files are too big, mid-side-stereo=true should ...
* 551048 : rtsp implementation sends PAUSE even when server doesn't ...
* 551570 : plugin ximagesrc is memory leaking...
* 551584 : Crash when modifying the videobox " top " and " left " live w...
* 552213 : [qtdemux] map tiff fourcc to image/tiff caps
* 553191 : udpsrc: bind() fails on OS X
* 554771 : totem spins CPU 100% while allocating (infinitely) becaus...
* 556010 : AVI muxer segfault
* 556381 : [icydemux] test fails with latest core
* 556424 : [avidemux] segmentation fault when creating indexes
* 557085 : [videobox] support dynamically changing properties
* 557610 : udpsrc fails to bind() on Mac OS X (IPv4 vs. IPv6 problem)
* 547842 : Vorbis RTP RFC 5215 is out
* 550288 : Sound not played - a quicktime file
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Aurelien Grimaud
* Craig Keogh
* Daniel Franke
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Filippo Argiolas
* Frederic Crozat
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Laszlo Pandy
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Mersad Jelacic
* Michael Smith
* Mike Ruprecht
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the Gstreamer-announce