[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins 0.10.5 'This little piggy went to market'
bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:03:22 PDT 2008
This mail announces the release of the GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins 0.10.5
'This little piggy went to market'.
GStreamer FFmpeg plug-in contains elements using the FFmpeg library
contains most popular decoders as well as very fast
colorspace conversion elements.
For more information, see
To file bugs, go to
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-insÂ 0.10.5 "This little piggy went to market"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains plug-ins using libraries from the FFmpeg project.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Updated to upstream ffmpeg revision r15004 (28th Aug 2008)
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 371939 : mov/mp4/m4a/3gp/3g2 muxers create wrong durations
* 383420 : [ffmpeg] ISO-derivative muxers don't handle audio correctly
* 518705 : Can't play streams from Rai.it
* 533708 : broken mpeg-ts typefinding?
* 534371 : autogen.sh not dist'ed
* 534390 : Patch: use av_picture_copy instead of swscale to copy pic...
* 534392 : PATCH: never use ffdec_faad
* 534783 : Remove FLV demuxer
* 540401 : Garbled sound instead of music
* 549799 : all audio codecs claim to support up to 6 channels
You can find source releases of gst-ffmpeg in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Aurelien Grimaud
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce