[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.14 'Disaffected Affectation'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Feb 19 12:47:36 PST 2009
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.14 'Disaffected Affectation'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-good
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.14 "Disaffected Affectation"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Add autodetect source elements
* Improvements in RTP payload/depayload and RTSP
* Support float input in wav, and require depth == width
* Support inverted RGB video in avi
* Compilation fixes and smarter format selection in V4L2 support
* Use libv4l when available
* Don't install static plugin libraries any more
* Matroska muxing: Add Dirac, fix AAC
* Improve qtdemux segment handling
* Add presets to equalizer
* OS/X video and audio output improvements
* Rework Pulseaudio audio output
* Support basic and digest auth in souphttpsrc
* Use libsoup-gnome instead of libsoup when available
* DV demuxer fixes
* New IIR and FIR base classes and echo filter in audiofx plugin
* Improved spectrum analysis plugin
* 8 bit greyscale support in v4l2src and videocrop
* New aspectratiocrop element
* Many other bug fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 561502 : Not-negociated error in udpsrc
* 522183 : add preset suport to gstequalizer
* 523813 : [autodetect] add autovideosrc and autoaudiosrc
* 557709 : goom should have license headers in all source files
* 560155 : segfault when trying to set tag to NULL with avimux
* 527951 : [new element] aspectratiocrop
* 529379 : RTSP seeks when pipeline is in STATE_PAUSED
* 532409 : RTP payload/depayloader for G.729
* 537539 : [pulse] Rhythmbox starts using 100% of CPU time when puls...
* 537540 : [pulse] Causes a deadlock when the pulseserver dies
* 537543 : [pulse] sink/src should have " volume " property (was GstMi...
* 545033 : [v4l2src] Add support for camera specific formats
* 552140 : [soup] use libsoup-gnome for proxy configuration if avail...
* 556019 : Add the ability to make souphttpsrc act as a live source
* 556484 : Implement getcaps in rtpL16pay
* 556641 : rtpL16depay doesn't support multichannel audio
* 556802 : Misspelled messages
* 556955 : [videocrop] fails to renegotiate
* 556986 : pulsesink deadlocks when raising an error
* 557260 : [equalizer] Calculates coefficients for every buffer
* 557293 : Argument type mismatch on Windows
* 557294 : cross mingw32 gcc: getaddrinfo is not in ws2_32.dll befor...
* 557710 : Memory leak related to matroskamux's request pads
* 558427 : rtpmpapay/depay are too wide
* 558638 : Compiler error on v4l2
* 558711 : gst-plugins-good-0.10.11 compile fails
* 559288 : [qtdemux] deadly embrace!
* 559545 : rtspsrc could not receive data from RTSP server because o...
* 559547 : Seek bugs when playing rtsp video in m.youtube.com
* 560641 : rtp mp4 payloader doesn't flush the last frame upon EOS
* 560756 : New Plugin: JPEG RTP Payloader
* 561625 : Rtspsrc set segment's last_stop incorrectly
* 561775 : souphttpsrc patch to support basic and digest authentication
* 561802 : DLNA specific HTTP header missing
* 561990 : qtdemux build fails on mingw due to missing definition of...
* 562434 : [wavenc] Add support for a-law and mu-law encoded wav files
* 562572 : multiudpsink handles errors in _render() too aggressively
* 563414 : Fix for SunAudioMixer plugin
* 563504 : add libv4l2 support to v4l2 gst plugin - required for mos...
* 563509 : [rtp_data_test] Complains about negotiation errors with m...
* 563510 : [videocrop] 1x1 unit test fails
* 564437 : rtpjpegdepay was unable to handle frame dimensions greate...
* 564948 : Fix and clean up osxaudio
* 565850 : mov files can contain xvid, fmp4 and ac3 tracks
* 566616 : v4l2src: b/w support
* 566843 : [pulse] Terminating an audio stream hangs the application
* 567577 : [audiofx] Add generic IIR/FIR audio filter elements
* 567642 : spectrum element has undocumented arbitrary limitation on...
* 567746 : fix for 547227 created a ref loop
* 567794 : [PATCH] Rework pulse plugin
* 567800 : Mp4 created by Avidemux don't play.
* 567853 : osxaudiosrc does not build on 10.4
* 567874 : [audiofx] Echo/Reverb filter
* 567955 : [spectrum] Need compensation for rounding errors
* 567992 : [videocrop] wrong mouse navigation commands while cropping
* 568395 : [audiofx] Rename audioreverb to audioecho
* 568780 : elements/videocrop check fails
* 568809 : Patch needed for building gst-plugins-good 0.10.13 on Sol...
* 569820 : In some cases v4l2src element does not return correct norm
* 570343 : equalizer bands != specified parameters
* 570435 : Read Title element of Matroska files
* 571038 : [osxvideosink] build fail
* 571150 : aspectratiocrop : Memory leak
* 571153 : [pulsemixer] compiler warnings (on ARM)
* 571204 : [pulsesink] PA assertion failure triggers abort
* 570581 : osxvideosink: non-embedded mode is badly broken and shoul...
* 341752 : [rtspsrc] 500 Internal Server Error response with tagessc...
* 420658 : gconfaudiosink is not behaving normally
* 558554 : [avidemux] avidemux not recognizing certain uncompressed ...
* 561580 : GStreamer does not play a specific WAV file
* 563056 : " rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec " doesnt works
* 565441 : Smoke encoder doesn't set caps correctly
* 567952 : videocrop: add b/w support
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alexandre Rostovtsev
* Andy Wingo
* Bastien Nocera
* Bjorn Ostby
* Brian Cameron
* Brijesh Singh
* Christian Schaller
* Cygwin Ports maintainer
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Eric Zhang
* Fabricio Godoy
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Julien Moutte
* Justin Karnegas
* Lennart Poettering
* Luotao Fu
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Nick Haddad
* Olivier Crete
* Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Robin Stocker
* Ron McOuat
* Sascha Hauer
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Tal Shalif
* Thiago Sousa Santos
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Zeeshan Ali
* lrn1986 at gmail dot com
More information about the Gstreamer-announce