[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.29 "It's a Trap"
t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 05:03:21 PDT 2010
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.29 "It's a Trap".
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound
processing over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other
types of media data. Its architecture allows for adding new data types
or processing capabilities simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic
object hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see
To report bugs, request features or submit patches, please go to
MD5 sums (for tarballs downloaded from gstreamer.freedesktop.org):
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer 0.10.29 "It's a Trap"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* improve plugin loading robustness: do not ever unload a plugin after calling into it: should fix mystery crashers during registry loading when a plugin init function returns FALSE (e.g. when some supporting library fails to initialise or a wrapper plugin found no features to wrap and wrongly returned FALSE)
* configurable memory alignment for GstBuffers
* add QoS message to inform apps of lost data, dropped frames etc.
* basesink, basetransform: add support for new QoS message
* basetransform: accept non-fixed caps suggestions
* basesrc: fix gst_base_src_new_seamless_segment()
* GstController fixes and optimisations
* set thread name for pad tasks on Linux
* pipeline, bin: fix refcount issue when removing elements during a state change
* queue2: implement seeking in download mode
* queue2: implement flushing in download buffering
* queue2: improve buffer level measurement in download mode
* fdsrc: allow specifying the size in bytes on the uri
* build fixes: better checks for uint128_t, inline assembly on OSX, compilation if HAVE_REGISTER_PRINTF_SPECIFIER is undefined, gobject-introspection
* two symbols were removed that had been exported but never been used or been declared in any header file: gst_element_default_error and gst_element_request_compatible_pad
Bugs fixed in this release
* 576234 : [basetransform] Suggesting non-fixed caps or no size doesn't work for upstream negotiation
* 520697 : [API] Add GST_TAG_USER_RATING
* 590718 : docs build failures with -jN: cp: cannot create regular file `build/image.entities': File exists
* 595958 : Position not updated after a backwards gst_event_new_step()
* 596832 : configurable buffer alignment
* 600718 : autoconf fails with gobject-introspection
* 600877 : [uridecodebin] Needs to disable download buffering for non-fast-start files
* 603710 : Can't compile with introspection support
* 603831 : build with libtool 1.x.y only works if --disable-shave is used
* 609046 : basetransform now ignores suggestions from capsfilter
* 609170 : basesrc pushes two newsegment
* 610256 : Use G_VALUE_COLLECT_INIT if available
* 611075 : Typo in debug_dump_pad function
* 611911 : Set thread names on pipeline threads
* 612370 : gstutils.c inline asm typo, compilation fails
* 612410 : [API][tags] add new geo tags
* 612733 : Build fails because HAVE_REGISTER_PRINTF_SPECIFIER is undefined
* 612881 : [utils] gst_pad_proxy_setcaps() doesn't handler iterator resyncs
* 613215 : delayed set in gst-launch are not recursive
* 613593 : git-update.sh script does not work on fresh git repository clones
* 614167 : gstinfo: no previous prototype for 'xxx' when buildign with --disable-gst-debug
* 614629 : utils: Use G_GNUC_CONST instead of G_GNUC_PURE for conversion functions
* 614767 : libgstreamer build failure on OS X x86_64
* 614833 : out of srcdir build fails for libs/gst/check
* 615698 : " warning: cast increases required alignment of target type " with gcc 4.2.1 on arm
* 615756 : [bin] refcount issue when removing element in error
* 615880 : Add some more custom flow returns
* 615881 : [LFOControlSource] Use correct setter for double GValues
* 616846 : Crash in gst_interpolation_control_source_find_control_point_iter
API changed in this release
- API additions:
- API deprecations:
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Alan Knowles
* André Dieb Martins
* Benjamin Otte
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jeremy Huddleston
* Jonas Holmberg
* Leo Singer
* Mart Raudsepp
* Philip Withnall
* Philippe Normand
* Robert Swain
* Sebastian Dröge
* Stefan Kost
* Thiago Santos
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce