[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.14 "Run Rabbit"
t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 18:06:21 PST 2010
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.14 "Run
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that have good quality and
correct functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The
license on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be
how we'd like. The code might be widely known to present patent
For more information, see
To file bugs, request features or submit patches, please go to
MD5 sums (for tarballs downloaded from gstreamer.freedesktop.org):
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins 0.10.14 "Run Rabbit"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
There are times when the world needs a color between black and white.
Quality code to match the good's, but two-timing, backstabbing and ready to
sell your freedom down the river. These plug-ins might have a patent noose
around their neck, or a lock-up license, or any other problem that makes you
think twice about shipping them.
We don't call them ugly because we like them less. Does a mother love her
son less because he's not as pretty as the other ones ? No - she commends
him on his great personality. These plug-ins are the life of the party.
And we'll still step in and set them straight if you report any unacceptable
behaviour - because there are two kinds of people in the world, my friend:
those with a rope around their neck and the people who do the cutting.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that have good quality and correct
functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The license
on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be how we'd
like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems.
Distributors should check if they want/can ship these plug-ins.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* amrwbdec: give decoder a rank so decodebin/playbin will use it
* asfdemux: fix flow aggregation
* asfdemux: try harder to put sane timestamps and durations on buffers
* asfdemux: accept fragments in a continued packet where the subsequent fragments declare a size of 0
* asfdemux: improve seek behaviour for audio-only files without an index
* asfdemux: careful to avoid crash on bogus data; avoid strlen() on NULL pointers
* asfdemux: add support for chained asfs (push mode)
* asfdemux: map WM/TrackNumber to GST_TAG_TRACK_NUMBER and prefer over WM/Track
* asfdemux: post bitrate tags
* mp3parse: seeking fixes: fix non-flushing seek, conserve stop time for non-accurate seek
* rtspreal: memory leak fixes; make config header construction valgrind clean
* rmdemux: fix AC-3 in RealAudio playback; post bitrate tags
* x264enc: fix up avcC header construction and playback by flash players
* x264enc: Make upstream GstForceKeyUnit thread-safe
* x264enc: make use of Access Unit delimiters configurable
* x264enc: adapt to slightly modified x264 API
* xingmux: fix unaligned memory access, makes things work better on ARM/SPARC
Bugs fixed in this release
* 606662 : h264: add stream-format to output caps
* 563276 : Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem - after opening avi file
* 586464 : [xingmux] Unit test failures on sparc and arm/eabi
* 598761 : [mpegaudioparse] Reduce processing time by 2
* 599095 : x264enc: Adapt to slightly modified x264 API
* 599297 : [asfdemux] Doesn't populate video bitrate field
* 599299 : [rmdemux] Doesn't populate video bitrate field
* 599333 : Segfault with asfdemuxer
* 599676 : RealAudio file with AC-3 audio no longer plays
* 600037 : [asfdemux] ASF MPEG4 Part 2 file captured from Linksys WVC200 Camera corrupted/fails
* 601419 : x264enc crashes
* 602280 : [asfdemux] fix segmentation fault when utf8 tag name is null
* 602556 : x264enc and ffenc upstream GstForceKeyUnit handling are not thread-safe
* 603695 : Innaccurate seeking in MP3 files results in cut off playback
* 608564 : [ffdec_cook] memory leak
* 610432 : [asfdemux] handle negative payload timestamps
* 611473 : [regression] outgoing buffers with a duration of zero
* 608533 : [real] memory leak in real audio stream via rtsp
* 610089 : Flash players are unable to show x264 encoded streams
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-ugly in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Arnaud Patard
* Benjamin Gaignard
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Olivier Crête
* Robert Swain
* Sebastian Dröge
* Stefan Kost
* Thiago Santos
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Vittorio Palmisano
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce